View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I guess it’s hard for many people to accept the changes in Alizée. It’s really unfortunate. Correct me if I’m wrong, but her recent “Acoustic” performance is the first of its kind for her and I think it was was quite good. Her MJ performance the other night had a lot of energy and I think she really worked the crowd well. IMHO she is reaching the top of her game now, but it’s a new game. Requesting the fan’s creative involvement at the new site is a wonderful idea. I like much of what Alizée is doing now, but it’s overshadowed by people desiring things to be like the MCE years.

I wish Alizée had had a website and a blog or something like that so she could have kept in touch with her fans between the MCE years and today. She could have had a better chance keeping everyone up to speed as she evolved, thus making the transition less abrupt. Maintaining a presence in the world may have carried more of her fans along for the ride.

Personally, I’ve moved on with her and I can’t picture her doing the JEAM dance or anything like it now. The only thing I would say is she should stick closer to the old arrangements for the old songs. That is not asking much and it’s what most artists would do. That could buy her a lot of good will. The whole notion of needing musical arrangements consistent with the Psychédélices songs is not really important. If she gives her fans a taste of the old, maybe they will be more willing to accept the new. I think she needs to do this for Mexico, or it could turn out bad for her. Mexico has become important to her career.

Last edited by lefty12357; 06-09-2008 at 11:15 AM..