View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 01:47 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Hey Rictor, welcome.

First off, you can rest assured that many of us here, if not all, have gone through the same process as you. Being unable to look at other woman without comparing them to Alizée, listening to her songs thousands of times, and generally being somewhat unhealthily obsessed with her. I know that I sure as hell went through that!

Though the best advice I can offer, is to realize what's going on. I mean, just like you, Alizée is my first celebrity crush. It's not correct to say that it's just a crush, it's more like a revered infatuation of her. Revered in the sense that you respect her, and infatuation in that you notice and adore all of her little mannerisms.

So I guess all that you can really do is wait. Time fixes everything, so once you get active here on the forum and get a healthy dosage of Alizée everyday, you should be okay. That's what worked for me. When I first found out about her, I didn't join this forum right away and all I did was watch youtube videos of her performances, interviews, behind the scenes, etc. But once I joined the forum, I could control myself(to an extent. ) To be fair though, when I first joined, I was a crazy fanatic with a fresh Lilly bug bite.

So don't worry my friend, Alizée has that inexplicable effect on everyone, but we all get through it and come out whole.
I guess I'm not so alone afterall - you summed up exactly what I've been going through for the past 2 years or so. I'm glad I'm on board this forum now. Thank you wasabi. :-)

I've also noticed some changes in myself personality-wise after falling for Alizée.

1) I'm a much nicer person. Even to people I would normally hate, I find a way to at least give them the benefit of the doubt.
2) I smile a LOT more often.