View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 05:36 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'm not really sure if you meant this just in terms of Alizee or everything in our lives, but I think you meant the latter so....

Well my year started off recovering from surgery for a torn rotator cuff. That injury turned into a blessing in disguise because I had issues with that shoulder. It had many years of wear and tear. Now it's like brand new.

Of course at the begining year we had the DALS tournee where Alizee filled in for another star, which was good for her but again it meant no Les Enfoires. I had bought a couple of tickets hoping she might appear in maybe a couple of the L E shows, but it didn't happen and that was a huge disappointment for me.

In April, we had Annily's baptism, which meant a lot to me. When I first found out about Alizee, I read she was a non practicing catholic and that's the religion I am and it made me feel I had somethiing in common with her, but in the 9 years of following her, I don't think I've seen one picture of her inside a church. Still to see something done concerning the church made me feel good.

A couple of weeks after returning to work in late April, I went on vacation to Brussels, Corsica and one day in Paris. In Ajaccio, I met up with the beautiful woman who runs the Chez Paulo restaurant and her son. They treated me very well. Unfortunately Alizee was away at the time, but I got to see some more places on this picturesque island.

In June we had the wedding. There was both a civil ceremony and a Church ceremony too which I was again, glad to see. It was good to see the pictures we saw, but unfortunately, no videos surfaced. She wanted this to be private and surprisingly, she was able to.

After that, we raised enough money to send her and Greg a wedding gift in the form of a gift certificate at a nice store that thanks to Blanche (Chez Paulo), Stefan and Joe we learned was one she liked. We didn't recieve a thank you note which I anticipated. I thought that would be her policy for all fans. Still I was very glad we were able to get them something and hopefully it will make her look upon our forum favorably.

I had vacation in October and I went to Sweden and Norway on a trip that went very well.

We got news of late of Alizee participating in the DALS tournee next month which again means no Les Enfoires which was a big disappoinment for me because I don't see anything happening in the direction of an album, the hope of which keeps me going.

We had other things such as her appearing on the Superkids show and that Pastry show in which she finished first and dance work shops at different resorts. Things great for her and we're glad for her for all these different appearances, but I see signs that fans everywhere are losing hope that we'll ever see another album.

AF said they would shut down at the end of this year. I was able to work out a deal where they would stay open until the end of Febuary, but I think all I did was postpone the inevitable.

So It's been a very good year for her and there's been enough to keep a fair amount of fans interested but that can't continue much longer, unless something noteworthy comes along.