View Single Post
Old 10-24-2023, 10:03 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I would like to remind everybody that closing down the forum at the end of the year is not a done deal. I would like to see it running for years into the future.

I think we all can agree that AAm activity has slowed down significantly in the last few years. Can we turn that around and make it more inviting for new Alizee fans to join? I think so.

For those that newly discover Alizee and are looking for a fan club, a Google search brings up AAm in the top 3 results. The vast majority of time, it is because of her music all over YouTube that interests a new fan. However, when a visitor comes to this site, what they see is an Alizee picture during her DALS days. That picture of Alizee was relevant 10 years ago when she was competing regularly, but her DALS days are gone and was just a part of her career.

The social media feeds on the main page are old or no longer working. Many of the menu options at the top are obsolete or questionable. The code page is not translating characters correctly and looks sloppy. The only reliably working section is the Latest Discussion, which leads the visitor to the forum.

I don't think it's an unreasonable request to update the main page and make it more relevant and inviting because right now the site looks neglected. Is it any wonder why we are not getting a steady stream of new members joining?

My hope is that Ben would be open to updating the site and the policies surrounding the administration of this site. It is worth saving.