View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I agree with Ben here as far as promotional efforts and I've been probably the most hard core case of promoting her. We need some help from Alizée. We can't do it on our own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I'm going to jump on the "agree with Ben" bandwagon too. I was also at one time enthusiastic about promoting Alizée in America, but at some point I realized the ball was now in her court. Our letter was delivered to her and we know she got it. She knows where we stand and that we offered whatever help we could provide. It is really up to her to make the next move, if she chooses to do so.
Yes, I've introduced people to her music when I'm playing it, but that's as far as I go. The only thing I've ever heard her say is that she *doesn't* want to be popular in the United States. (Doesn't want to "swim with the sharks" I think her words were) Sure, she said that a long time ago, at the height of her success in France, but until I hear her say otherwise, I'm not going to go on any grand promotional effort.
As for Mexico being handed to her on a silver platter... Mexico was handed to the 2000-2004 Alizée. That's what was dangled before the Mexican's eyes... La Isla Bonita's midriff-bearing seductress and the JEAM sexbomb, both doing Flamenco hands like she was born Spanish. That was the Alizée they were expecting, and she didn't want to be that girl anymore. She could have shown up in a JEAM outfit and two Mariachis and owned that joint. Not saying she should have, but she could have.
I personally think the idea of being away from her family shot that bird down.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Well you're not missing out on much when its not an Alizee concert lol. Man why am I being so negative about this? I feel like I'm joining the dark side or something...

But really, things could be worse. It could have been Alizee's only US concert and you not being able to go...so don't worry, the world won't end
I'd like to go to their Montreal concert and just ask them to sign my UEDS CD.... but that's mostly because Montreal is a fun, fun town. Makes Vegas look like a nunnery, IMHO.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)

Last edited by severianb; 02-14-2011 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts