View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 08:19 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Thanks kulli!

Edit:

So somebody has to approach her and offer her the complete package of putting together an album. From choosing all the songs for an album, then choosing the ones that are sounding the best and going after them with a quality production, unlike what they had with Blonde and it doesn't take money to make a quality production. All it needs is the best assets of Alizee and at the same time, making sure you leave areas where she's lacking, out.

So how many people are out there can write good songs for Alizee, then carry through so she doesn't waste them? I'm only familiar with a few names along those lines such as JJG and Pascal, but if Pascal works with her again, he has to run the show.
I'm sure a discussion on this is buried in a forum thread many years ago, but did Alizee ever say why she broke it off from Mylene? I realize a lot of things change when you have a baby, but wow, talking about a drastic measure when you were on top. Somehow I get the feeling the decision was not made by her alone.

I am not a musician by trade, but my musical exposure is quite large, so I think I can be somewhat knowledgeable about music in general. I had said in another post that Alizee seemed to have trouble finding her way musically after MF, and the album that best shows this is "5". It's kind of hard to assign a genre to it, as the songs range from pop to almost a folksy sound (Dans mon sac). Also, the songs were not written for Alizee's best vocal range, in my opinion. She sings quite a bit towards the alto range in this album, but her voice is not as strong as an alto (or contralto) as it used to be. Certainly not an Annie Lennox or a Cher. She just sings so uninspired in this album, which is so unlike her.

Blonde was a better album, although gimmicky, but she was back in the mezzo-soprano range where she should be. The song "Mon planeur" was the best song on the album to me. Her singing is very pretty in the song, just like her. It just fits.

I hope she gives it another shot, but it will take a songwriter to write some pretty spectacular stuff just for Alizee. She also needs to move out of French pop altogether. She sounds really good with an acoustic guitar. Is there such a thing as French folk music?

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 12-13-2017 at 09:44 AM..