View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 03:04 AM
Alizee Hub Janitor

digimaze is on a distinguished road

100 euros is VERY high. But one (or a group) of you could host it yourself with a static IP or DNS service. Keep in mind though that the traffic is very high on a forum and if the ISPs in your county have data caps (which is prevalent in the United States, among many other nations) it could get expensive or your ISP could shut you down.

Yes there are cost-effective offsite solutions and it couldn't be too much of a problem to re-locate the AF to one of them. As far as FILES (live clips, music vids & interviews) are concerned, that is the sole function of the Alizee Hub, and after over ten years of continuous operation, we ain't going away yet! (knock on wood).

I threw my support behind the Alizee America Forum a long time ago, and closed the Alizee Hub Forum down because I just didn't have time to run two Hubs AND a Forum. I like the way the Alizee America Forum is run and suggest it to people visiting my Hub as a "recommended site." In that light, I think that one possible solution would be a MERGER, with this Forum absorbing the database of AH as either a subset of AAF or transferring over the appropriate topics and assuming the membership list. Anyways,I'm just tossing out an idea to think about.....

Last edited by digimaze; 08-11-2014 at 03:12 AM..