View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 01:44 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

One of the questions I have, which will probably never be answered, is whether Jeremy caused the break with MF? He appears more interested in the management side of the business than the entertainment. I wonder if he put the idea into Alizee's head that MF was cheating her and that she could do better under his management. It's also probable that Alizee grated under the directives of MF. Alizee hints at such a situation in the song she named after MF on her last album, and we see her on a number of occasions being headstrong. Alizee has spoken of Madonna as a model and expressed admiration of her independence.

After the break with MF we see Alizee at odds with Jeremy in Mexico. I suspect that was, at least in part, because he was trying to direct her life and career. To live with Alizee and not affect her actions would be difficult. On this site alone, we see members (including myself) wanting her to do this or that. It's difficult to imagine Alizee tolerating anyone trying to control her.

I suspect one of the great advantages Gregorie has is that he doesn't attempt to push her in any direction. Instead, he is attentive to her every emotional nuance. You can see this during the dance lessons he gives her for DALs. As a result, we see Alizee not opposing Gregory, but acquiescing to his lifestyle of dance.

One of the most poignant moments in Alizee's life for me was the incident during DALS when Alizee threw a fit of jealousy back stage over Gregorie working with Nathalie Pechalat. Alizee denies the incident happened, but I believe "where there's smoke, there's fire." Something happened. In her interview with Kika when Alizee was 19, she admitted to being a jealous woman:

For which fault do you have the most *indulgence* in a woman?
Alizée: Jealousy. I am jealous. Therefore, I understand that one can be like that.

What is the quality that you prefer in a man?
Alizée: Attention. When a man is attentive, it means he has understood his relationship with others. Taking care of those around you is a very important quality.

For which fault do you have the most *indulgence* in a man?
Alizée: Jealousy. The same as for a woman.

http://sztar.com/temak/aliz%C3%A9e-i...-fr-eng.34994/

That Alizee would break character in public to express her jealousy over Gregorie shows how much she loves him and has a deep need for him. And that Gregorie would put his career at risk by quitting DALs for Alizee shows he would do anything for her. I don't look at this incident in a negative light at all. Both of them have demonstrated that they will sacrifice themselves for the other. It makes me respect Alizee and Gregorie all the more.