View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 02:00 PM

Elise is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Is Alizee's popularity experiencing a resurgence? If so, what would you attribute that to.
It’s just my depressing opinion but I think you guys are over-estimating things. To me, any effect of the pandemic should apply to other artists as well and Hello Fresh is a common sponsor in content creators on YouTube for instance. I say this as someone who first heard of Alizée only a few months ago and joined this forum to talk about her, still captivated.

From all I’ve read, Alizée was popular 20 years ago when Moi Lolita came out, no more recently than that. I was a bit discouraged to learn this but it’s what I think. Is she not a one hit wonder? I still like her dance videos and she’s obviously so beautiful, I would just say her popularity in France didn’t last more than about 3 years at most.

Quote:
If not what do you think accounts for Alize America's burst of new members [on Facebook]?
Yeah, I don’t know as I don’t use Facebook but it would be interesting to see a table of number of new members by month.