View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 07:48 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
I'd be also really keen to read the interview Ray4AJ is talking about, unless it's the same one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
She said in an interview waaay back that her songs had a side for the 'little ones' and one for adults.

She also said eventually that the genre of music she was making was not the kind she listened to.
Well Jazzmin, it took me an hour to find this. I think there was an older one that mentioned the 'little ones' but it's mentioned here in this Psyche era interview, among other things. The last Q&A that I quoted below seems to show that she likes that MCE had fewer of the double meanings than Gourmandises.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...93&postcount=4

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien View Post
Personally, do you think that you were caged in, that you were artistically frustrated, that you didn't have your word to say...

No it wasn't the case! I told myself instead: "What you are doing musically, is it that if it were not you singing it, you would listen to it on your iPod?" That was the real question!

During your 2003-2004 tour you were confronted by the public. People thought that you were a singer for adolescents and there they discovered that you have a real gay fan base?

Its true that I really didn't know what kind of audience that I was going to have! It has been four years snce I have sung and those were my first shows. With singers of my age who each have their own audience, the question that was asked was: "What is Alizee's audience"? This was very eclectic, but I went along with it very well. My songs have double meanings so kids have taken it to the first degree and others have interpreted it in another fashion. I am very proud of having a large audience and to include gays. They are in fact more loyal than the others!

Exactly, while on the subject of delicacies, it is said that candy have a sensual, even sexual connotation. Do they have a double meaning?

(Big laughs). (Editors note: Alizee makes a mischievous grin to answer this fundamental question). My two previous albums exactly revolved around the double meaning with the sexual connotations. The last one was quite a bit less and the better for it! At the same time its Jean Fauque who writes so its not the same pen as Mylene.
I still think there was an early interview where she acknowledged the double meanings in her albums, but I'm not going to search for it right now.

EDIT_

Okay, I did find the earlier reference I was thinking about. See these screenshots from Alizee - 2003-06-03 - Interview - Une Heure Avec Alizee.

Interviewer Question

Alizée

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 12-30-2015 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: Adding more Alizée (with photos!)