View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 06:22 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

`Well that's kind of a deep subject because there are options now for people with vision problems. She definitely wore them when she was young, but was it for distance or close up, or both? That's hard to say.

I think she did wear contacts at some point. I wore contacts myself for several years and I recognize some signs where she reached for her eyes that to me indicated they were either bothering her or slipping out of position.

Now I believe there is a picture out there of when she was sitting in front of a computer in her place in Paris and I believe she had glasses on which would indicate she needed them for close up vision.

Now, of course, there are options out there for people with vision problems and I'll tell you what has gone on with my vision over the years.

When I was younger, My distant vision wasn't that good, but I had excellent close-up vision, being able to read the tiniest of print. I was also very vain about my poor distant vision, not wanting anyone to know that I needed to wear glasses.
When I got into my mid-40s, Radial Keratotomy was something I decided to try. That's where they actually cut into your eye, which changes the shape, thus changing your vision. I was living in Georgia at the time and the doctor I went to was one of the first doing it in this country and he was very good at it. He recommended only doing one eye. That way you have good distant vision in one eye and good close up vision in the other. He told me about a cop who was on a swat team who had it done that way. He wanted good distant vision for aiming his weapon, then good close up vision for reloading it. He said later this cop wanted the other eye done too, when he joined the sniper team.

So my vision was excellent after that with no real problems. But I had to take a vision test at work where you look into a machine at different things. One was a series of dots in these different patterns. The dots within these circles were supposed to be at different depths that you should be able to detect. I could not tell the depths of those dots in any way. But still, I've had no problems with my depth perception in real life.

When I got into my late 50s, my vision changed again. I no longer had good close up vision in either eye, but as far as my distant vision it switched. I now had good long-distance vision in the one I didn't have the rk procedure done in, but the one I did have the rk procedure in, wasn't as good. Still, my vision for driving purposes of which I recently took a test, is still considered 20/20.
I just hope if Alizee has problems with her close up vision, that Greg leaves the seat down.

depth resized.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-25-2019 at 06:26 PM..