Thread: Why Alizée?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 09:35 PM

Fralizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
First off, im an analyst. I analyze everything i see and encounter in the world around me. For example why is the dog barking? Because he wants food is not sufficient. What eveloutinary steps have made the dog bark and why did they occure? Sometimes i simply think to much, anyway let's get to the point.

My question is why did i start listening to Alizée and why can't i stop?
We all know she is beautiful and seemingly wonderful as a person, but i don't think that's all there is to it. Let's conentrate on the music.

Troughout my life i have listened to all these very diffrent bands that seemingly have no bounds to each other in anyway.

When i was little i listened to various techno bands and my favourite was The Prodigy, a "electronic punkband". Strangely at the same time i was into No Doubt, a popband. Later i started to listen more and more to metal bands and discovered Opeth and Katatonia.

Now what does all these band have in common, it's the melancholic sound.
Shortly after i discovered Alizée i found out about Mylene Farmer which music i love aswell. I have found many other french artist recently and it seems to me that french musicans are good at creating melancholic songs.

Maybe it's just me thinking to much again but im curious.
What do you guys listen to else than Alizée?
Is there maybe something else about Alizée that im missing?
Maybe it's just "love" that's messing with my "judgement"?

What do you guys think?
Alizee is different from other performers in the fact that:
A. She has a captivating voice which was masterfully used by Mylene and Laurant in all of their music.
B. She has an innocent, shy, but yet sexy appearance that is addictive to all gender, but seems to appeal to the protection and addoration of male fans.

I also listen to Eva Cassidy (another angelic voice who sadly passed away at age 33, you can find her on U-tube) and I listen to Carly Simon and Norah Jones.
But none of these artists have the complete and pure package that we all so love about Alizee.