View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 03:18 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Sorry. But Mylène wrote the lyrics, I didn't.

Anyway, one should not confuse innocence with asexuality. In her performances, Alizée is a pagan at heart, at times quite strongly erotic, but innocent of any malice or crudity. She may well be that way as a person, too -- there are some indications. Why, aside from the lingering poisonous residue of puritanism, do we think that a person must not exist from the waist down in order to be innocent and pure?

There is nothing wrong with the double meaning of this song. If it had been treated more blatantly, it would have been kind of gross, but that would have been an aesthetic flaw, not a moral one. And in fact it was not treated blatantly; it's subtle, titillating, and nicely spicy. Very good work by both Mylène and Alizée.
Perhaps I should have added a or something. I never said not ever being able to avoid that interpretation was a bad thing .

Actually, so I think there was some difference between the March 1, 2003 performance and the Eurobest performance on this hand-gesture detail. Perhaps the dance evolved throughout its history. Maybe someone would be willing to take on a research project to examine all the videos and catalogue the changes. Can you imagine the title of the resulting writeup? Maybe "Evolution of Feminine Onanistic Innuendo in Contemporary Pop Music Choreography: A Case Study"...?