View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink Chatroulette marketing strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Well, a cheap kinda in home method that I thought of is this:

Who here is familiar with.. chat roulette?
So instead of sporting your member in the video feed, I figured a picture of Alizée or one of her albums would be good idea.
Early last month I did some research on Chatroulette, collecting review articles. I came DAMN close to writing about it here at AAm, but decided against it. I would have borrowed some statistics about it to start off my own copy, in this manner:<blockquote>"What is 71% men, 15% women and 14% perverts?
No, not Alizée America - but a new Internet pastime called Chatroulette!" </blockquote>Not a few participants are said by one reviewer to look very bored, so maybe a new singer would catch their interest.

I guess that most people using Chatroulette are wealthy enough to buy Alizée products, but many of them would also be sophisticated enough to swipe them, too. Even if you get their attention, how do you convert them into paying customers?

Everyone seems to agree that if you want someone to watch you for a while, it is important to be young, female and good-looking. That leaves out almost everyone at AAmt - except for a few folks including a professional model, who probably wouldn't like to take a "busman's holiday." But maybe you could pay her to produce a video segment with her mouth covered by a mask, so someone could interactively dub her speech without lip-sync problems. A mask would not be out of place if the party was a Halloween reveler, a bandit, a harem girl or a surgeon - her choice. You could play AlizeeRadio.com in the background, while the URL crawled at screen bottom as an overlay. The thing is this, Wasabi - could you sound like a fetching female without putting your AAm "member" in a clamped vise?

Another strategy would simply feed a looped Alizée YouTube playlist with a URL overlay. Then you could walk away from any Webcam and spend your distributing flyers outside the local supermarket.