View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 08:06 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Here's part of a conversation I had with Riccardo via FB which I don't think he would mind me sharing.

"Hey Riccardo. I'd like to know how much it would cost to buy the server or at least keep it running for the next 6 months."

"let me know
what u think
i have no real clue just wanting to sell it"

"I know a couple of years ago when there was talk of our server being sold, a price of $200 was mentioned. I myself have no experience with them and am not sure of the operating expenses. We reduced the costs of operating our server by eliminating the video section. It was a tough choice, but we survived and I believe our costs are about $50 a month. I'm not sure because Ben still has the server. So maybe you can give me a little feed back on the operating costs of running the AF server. Take care. Dave"

"well, i could have the server running a bit more, if u chipped or someone did
if not, i would just take it offline and put a message on and backup all data for recovery."

At least it does look like he will back up the info.

Even if he could transfer that info for low or no money, I think he still would want to sell it because it will be a useless piece of hardware for him. Of course if he got enough money for just the data, then the server wouldn't matter. He could probably sell it over there.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-17-2017 at 08:26 PM..