View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 12:04 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Whenever I read Scruffy's post related to her career, I'm somewhat able to relate it to myself. I can't go in details, but let's just say that my current situation surprises people around me. I'm often advised that I'm making mistakes and taking wrong decisions. But that's where problem lies. Very few people understand my problem and struggle, they see my abilities and comment accordingly. But they fail to realize why most of what they say don't matter to me.

Same thing I can see in her also. Scruffy constantly fumes about her decisions and thinks she has been going down wrong path. But remember even the closest ones around may not realize what is going on someone's mind and at the end of the day we are fans. We know only what is publicly available. We are not involved in her personal life. We have made her part of our life, for some she is inseparable part, but it's still one sided closeness. We might never understand reasons behind her decisions and even though some of those decisions may appear to be big mistakes, I don't think it can be treated as fact.

Scruffy think of it this way - when you were struggling, you found her and made her reason for your happiness. This might seem to be ok for everyone. But it motivated you, gave you a reason to take your life ahead. She could be in similar situation. You won't be able to explain her situation, but that just doesn't mean she going down.

One of my friend always say - if you are able to find meaning of life in small things, then that's all matters for you

Edit:

I had to end my post above post abruptly.

Sometimes others might not be able to relate to to those small bit of life which may shape your entire thought process, your nature and your ways, but you always can. After a certain age, you should be allowed to act accordingly and others shouldn't get much disappointed about what appears to be mistakes. Well, you can get disappointed, angry, but it shouldn't be a reason to hate that either that person or certain aspects of that person. Just accept it as part of that person and move on. Whenever you decide to follow someone, learn to accept them as a package and you should be able to adapt to changes in that package. You may not feel comfortable with everything though.

Scruffy, I believe this thread has already been discussed a lot and we are just rehashing same issues every now and then.

For all members (including Scruffy), I would say take a chill pill. Just let it go for a while and meanwhile think about it. We don't stop members from expressing their views. If you don't like someone's views, then you may choose not to respond to it. Ignoring is not that difficult. If you want to reply and ready for discussion, then it's fine. Respect others and earn respect for yourself.

There is no need to think about leaving about this place for some discussion. If you have enjoyed some aspects of this place then stay here for those reasons.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 03-02-2014 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts