View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 01:08 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Working on the final part and getting close. I hope to finish tomorrow. Again a time consuming part is trying to come up with good, accurate, translations of the songs or at least the better songs. Christophe Willem sang a very good rendition of Idealiser. I looked at several translations and I didn't think any of them did a very good job so I put a lot of effort into translating it. One difficutly I ran into is there are two lines one after another;
Ce qui blesse et qu'on laisse
dernier soi.

This is how a couple of different sites list the lryics, but after a lot of research, I finally figured out that 3 words from 2 different lines actually need to go together to get the right definition "laisse dernier soi".

I do think I came up with a good interrpretation and I'll post it here because this is the song that it was rumored was a dig towards Mylene Farmer and looking at these lyrics you can kind of see why, someone with a vivid imagination, might come up with that. But I did a little research on the song and the writer said it was about a woman he knew back in the 80s who was going through some tough times and eventually commited suicide.
She is alone on the floor
Flowing in alcohol
The veneer is cracking
Under the idol
Powdered faces
Dressed in silk
That which hurts and that we leave behind
It's not a parade
of all nighters
Snow white exhibited
to the archangels
It's snowing in downtown
Late seventies
Time is of the autumn
Unsurprisingly
Idealize
a broken past
not realizing
he is no longer there
Idealize
Beautify oneself
Back stage
plan to go away and not return
The leap into the dark
The small club-kid
does not love the day
Idealize
Just suppose
She dared everything
and to him asked
One last kiss

I will shortly after I'm done post the songs seperately with the English captions

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-12-2016 at 01:11 AM..