View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 03:41 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I've spoken in here, maybe too many times before how I was living in Georgia and got divorced in the 90s. I met another woman and it looked like this relationship would go far, but then the company I worked for pulled out of the airport I was working in. I got a job with a contract company and working with a contract company in aviation gets you no where. You're pay goes up for a few years, then another contract company comes in and undercuts the company you are working for and your only choice is to start over with that new contract company, if they'll hire you. It's a well designed way of keeping people down.

So like I said, the company I was working for pulled out of that airport. Around that time, after applying for it, I was offered a job with a major airline about 800 miles away. Now me and my ex had been in finacial trouble for years. Here was a good paying job with a pension. Financially, I needed to take this job and I took it.

Well it led to the end of that relationship and after I moved, it led to 7 years of deep depression. The only thing that kept me going was I enjoy the work I do. Then I discovered Alizee. Now the girl freind I had after I got divorced, in addition to working at the airport, also did some gigs with some freinds in a band and she was a singer. So when ever we went some place, it was usually in my pick up and I'd have all these cds made up with my favorite songs and she'd always be singing them.

Well it wasn't until I started listening to Alizee's music, that I realized how much listening to my favorite songs from over the years was depressing me. Here I had something new, something very beautiful and it brought so much enjoyment into my life.

So I heard the woman I had been in a relationship had married and had a baby girl and I thought she was happy and it was a great time for me, but it didn't last long.

I found out she had come down with breast cancer and it was in a tough area to operate on. It was removed, but then it came back. It spread to one of her lymph nodes. So she was operated on again and she lost the use of one of her arms.

So we started communicating again via FB and she told me I was still the one. About this time, the cancer came back a third time. Now she shared a FB page with her husband, so he was seeing what she was saying to me and because of that, she had to break off our communicating.

So the depression I had for 7 years, is still just around the corner. I'm afraid to check up on her.

The main thing that keeps the depression at bay is Alizee and the reason why most of the music I listen to is French music is there are no bad memories for me with French music.