View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 09:05 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road
Smile Best three songs to introduce a newbie with?

My boss is amazing. He lets us listen to music at a low volume at work, but it's usually just him listening to his own music by plugging in his ipod to the speakers for the computer he uses.

So today I asked him if he'd like to listen to something I have. I didn't think he'd agree to do it, but he did. So my mind was racing as I tried to think of which Alizée songs would be best for someone who has never heard anything of hers before. This was also towards the end of the day where I had about 15 minutes left before I was heading out for the night. So that equates to about 3 songs max that I could play for him, depending on the length of the song and such.

I figured "Moi...Lolita" would be a good choice for a first listen since that was one of the first songs I've ever heard of hers after seeing her spectacular performance covering Madonna's "La Isla Bonita".

The 2nd song I chose was JPVA. Easy choice since it's my favorite Alizée song. I thought about going with Parler Tout Bas but I figured that's the kind of gem that can only be fully appreciated after you've already made the transition into Alizée fandom.

I thought about choosing J'en Ai Marre as well but figured it would not be as effective without the um...visuals.

I don't know what happened with my silly playlist but somehow it jumped to a non-Alizée song and I was still working on something so I wanted to finish it and decided not to change the song. It was Stone Sour's cover of "Wicked Game" btw.

So my question to you fellow Alizée-lovers is this: If you were to introduce someone to Alizée music, which three songs would you pick and why?

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q