View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Did history repeat itself? Didn't CM go off and do their own shows all around France while Alizee waited for them to return so she could organize a tour for the album? It looks to me like they abandonned her or maybe a better term for it would be running away instead of putting up the good fight?
Well, I'm not sure if they ever agreed to tour at any time with Alizée. It seems to me she said early on that she hoped to get the original musicians to tour with her, but they had prior commitments at the time and she hoped to work something out with them. And that's why she was putting off the tour until later. That's why I thought she should have just put a band together and done some small shows right away when UEDS first came out.

So did they abandon or avoid her, or was nothing ever agreed upon? My guess is the latter, but either one could be true I suppose.

If or when she does her next project, I would hope that she will put together a band she can rely on to see the project through, especially for any touring. The problem is that these kinds of musicians make their living playing. They can't afford to sit around home without pay, keeping their schedule open waiting for a possible tour that may or may not happen.