View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 10:44 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Depends on which Quad Core you get. Intel's Dual Core 45nm 3.0 GHZ Wolfdale will rape some of the Quad Cores that costs twice as much. Most games only take advantage of Two Cores because it is harder to allocate resources in Quad Core when making games. I think PC's are the Ultimate Gaming Platform not only they have better graphics but the mouse and the keyboard is the best in terms of accuracy and efficiency. But I still like consoles. I think they are good for fighting games but that just because game developers who make fighting games don't make it for the PC's, so it's not actually PC's fault.
let's just say my 2.4 ghz quadcore runs games that require 3+ ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
It's nice to see people play games from back in the day. Some of my fondest memories were playing Raptor: Call of the Shadows, Rise of the Triad, Wolfenstien 3D, Blake Stone, Hocus Pocus, One Must Fall, Duke Nukem II & 3D, the original Quake. Those were the days!

As for the original Wolfenstein FPS, I think you meant Wolfenstein 3D, which I believe was the very first FPS in the world to come out from the guys at ID Software.
Wolfenstein was the first FPS I believe and Doom was the first so called "3D" game and also the first game to introduce the deathmatch games in the era were often called doom clones term that has since been replaced with First Person Shooter