View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
What we need on many occasions is something that should supersede those rules and it's as aragorn mentioned, common sense.

CleverCowboy and Bamagirl are relatively new as mods here and they are still learning the ropes, but I think they are doing a great job. Leave them the hell alone! If you question something they do or say, send them a pm or post something in the mod's forum, but don't call them out in front of everyone in the forum!
Thanks, Scruffy. You did a great job making your point! I agree that when the conversational rules get too strict, then conversation will simply dry up. As I mentioned before, avoiding ALL mention of anything relating to politics--or religion, too--is virtually impossible. If a conversation progresses, it will sooner or later touch on on of the forbidden topics, especially if they are loosely defined as such.

As your photos make very clear, the subject of this forum--Alizée--certainly indicates her own religious beliefs in many of her photos. Like this one, recently posted on the "Team AliGrég" Facebook Page:

baby room50.jpg

I think that is is true that certain topics are more likely than others to deteriorate into ugly arguments. On the other hand, it really depends upon the participants. Some people will argue about anything. For example, I belong to a Shakespeare group on Facebook. There was recently a very unpleasant back and forth regarding a comment made about Ophelia. Some people just can't be civil, no matter the topic.

But, unless that happens here, I say that we should let all conversations proceed naturally. Moderators should only step in if things get really personal or ugly or, of course, if there are things posted that would be embarrassing or offensive to Alizée or her family. So let's all just have common sense, as Aragorn and you both said!

Last edited by Bamagirl; 12-10-2019 at 08:35 PM..