View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 03:02 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Here's a relatable story. I used to be in love with Rihanna. I thought she was perfect. I loved her songs. I loved her image. I loved her performances. All until 2009. Then I realized that I had never heard anything but her singles. That only half the time did I actually think she was beautiful, if her hair was done right. That I had only seen about 1/100 of her performances. It was at that point I realized that I didn't care that much for her. Then she came out with her 4th album, and I HATED it. She seemed to be trying far too hard to sound like Beyoncé. *shudders After that, I have not stopped listening to her older music (though it gets far less playtime since I discovered Alizée! ), but I refuse to listen to anything new from her. She was live on Nick last weekend, and the performance dissapointed me greatly. So I have decided to keep the old Rihanna close, and ignore the new. I also realized that I was never truely a fan of Rihanna, because I never tried to find every song she had ever sang, I never joined a site for her, I never watched hours upon hours of interviews, I never really cared to meet her, I never tried so hard to make a way to meet other fans, nothing. I have done all of that for Alizée, though. And in one second of my life since knowing Alizée, I have loved her more than all the four years I thought I loved Rihanna. Rihanna to me is like Alizée to you. I just hope you find your analogue for what Alizée is to me. You know, as long as it isn't Lady Gaga, she doesn't deserve devoted fans like us. Good luck!