View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 12:46 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Um, yeah. It was actually the large print right at the beginning: copying this over for Scruffydog777.

No matter, it's what you guys are doing that is important and one can not miss it when you bring people into the fold.

@Aaronius31, good job man. That's what we like to hear, spreading the word and getting her stuff out there. She has undeniably changed, but even though she is still making new music, the older stuff also deserves to be shared or I should say that people deserve to have the chance to enjoy it and maybe a fan of one will become a fan of the other. We know how much Scruffy enjoys the early days and has made several fan videos about it but also continues to support her now. Meeting her has an exciting effect, does it not dog?

As for Alizée's appeal, I don't really know, but I think it would be easier to interest people trying to learn French, younger people in particular, though I think she has more appeal for older people now too. Other than that, just anyone who enjoys the music really. Enya's musical style may flow a bit more and be less dependent on understanding, but years ago when I was in my early to mid twenties I got a CD of hers and it has songs all in a foreign language and I fully enjoyed it having no idea what she was saying. I remember there are certain songs where I just liked certain sounds she was making. It was the same with Alizée at first. I eventually looked it up just out of curiosity, but it continued to matter little just as many fans of Alizée continue to listen to her music for years without learning any French.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 05-21-2010 at 12:52 AM..