View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 08:09 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
You can used closed caption and auto-translate option.

Nothing happened.
Thank You Merci Alizee ! I tried closed Caption ; but I did not see any auto translate with mine ? Perhaps I am clicking wrong ? Although I am Glad nothing has happened here; as I thought the picture was of Margery !

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well quoting the Youtube lyrics which do a fairly good job of translate but certainly aren't perfect...........

"Little piece of cabbage there well I think I'm Maggie's age"

When I first saw the picture, I thought it was Maggy but it's Alizée when she was 3. I believe the cabbage is a reference to the flowers she was wearing?

8:22Then she say "It's my carnival in Ajaccio", which I'm sure is in reference to the parades/celebrations they have in Ajaccio, usually on religious holidays but other times too I'm sure.

She then says without completing the thought "and how would............"
Nikos then says "You say today to the kid?".

He adds "Why she loves you.............you think of what?".

Then at 8:44 she says "I did with it". I'm not sure what she means by this?

Nikos, "Are you going to do other things? You are proud of her?".

Alizee at 8:47 "especially my family, my parents."

I think that's probably the key to why she cried. Up to that point she had talked about her career, Annily and Maggy but this picture made her think of the big picture, the whole picture including her parents that meant so much to her and we know how devoted to family and Corsica she is and Ii think that's the reason for the tears.

At 9:00 Nikos says something to her and she returns the tablet but what he says is not translated.

I'm curious to know what you are using to watch the video. Is it a smart phone?
No Scruffy, no smart phone ! I just use my Desktop Computer with Youtube ! But perhaps I don't have it setup right; as I don't see any "auto translate" in close captioning ?

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 03-27-2023 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts