View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile More on multi-venue live hidef electronic shows

I would like to follow up the lengthy post titled Chaperoned multi-venue live hidef electronic shows, which detailed a potential new business model for Alizée and others like her, by pointing you at a detailed new article in The New York Times titled Orchestras on Big Screens: Chase Scene Needed?.

The article writes in part:
<blockquote><i>Opera houses, ballet companies, even the National Theater in London, are competing to lure audiences to live high-definition broadcasts in movie theaters... Now orchestras are jumping on the HD bandwagon... The best-known purveyor of cultural movie-casts is the {New York City] Metropolitan Opera, which pioneered the practice five seasons ago... The Met said 2.4 million tickets were sold last season alone... About one-third of the nation’s 39,000 movie screens have acquired digital capacity in just the last five years.

High-culture performances were common on television in past decades... [Now] the market is flooded with DVDs of recorded performances... the latest media strategies, [also] include online streaming, satellite radio broadcasts and on-demand playback... What is new here is that the showings are live, on a big screen and part of a collective experience.</i></blockquote>.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 11-10-2010 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: add title