View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 08:51 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Placing yourself in their shoes, had you never heard about Alizée, her music, or her beautiful personality, would you not raise your eyebrows a bit when you saw her, especially in her Gourmandises outfits (I always thought some of them were a little too revealing for a 16-year-old, "legal" or not)? Don't take that the wrong way, I know none of you are perverts and that Alizée's appeal is universal in itself, I'm just saying that some things look different in bad lighting.
I know exactly which outfits you mean (those dreadful L'Alizé blue and pink pyjamas, right?) and as I see it that was as a result of Mylène trying to force her own image onto Alizée. I have the utmost respect for the woman and am a massive fan, but during the Gourmandises period I do think she took the "sex appeal" factor too far, considering how young Lili was at the time. I mean Mylène herself, as a sexually mature, good looking and confident 30 something woman could pull off a revealing outfit like that without it seeming uncomfortable or done in poor taste, but when you change 30 something to 16 it's an entirely different matter. I dunno, I just think that maybe Mylène should've waited til the MCE era, by which time Lili had most definitely gone from "girl" to "young woman" before pushing for an explicitly sexy image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
There is something about Alizée's presence and the way she carries herself, the expressions she makes, the songs she sings.. pretty much everything about her, that screams "beautiful and classy" rather than "hot/sexy". It's just an indescribable "vibe" thing that all people have, you can tell their nature just by studying their mannerisms.
EXAAAAACTLY. I see hot/sexy girls every day and to be honest, a girl who is only those things doesn't do a lot for me. Girls with class and dignity, such as Lili, are REALLY special. It says a lot about a girl's character too if she can be sexy but know when to stop and prevent it becoming distasteful or crude.