View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 09:12 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

The first thing that struck me about Alizée when I first discovered her was the content of the comments in her YouTube videos. Going through them, I was really impressed by the genuine respect most people have for her. There is relatively very little “I’d do her” type of comments. That did strike me as being quite unusual considering the YouTube crowd. I think that is a testimony to Alizée’s real effect on men.

But in real life, when you are my age and you try to share your passion (*cough*, obsession) for such a beautiful young woman, you have to fight the weight of misconceptions and general narrow mindedness. I agree with Azhiri’s comment about the incredulity of people who don’t know the whole Alizée persona. It must be quite difficult for them to understand that the attraction is not just superficial and/or sexual.

There is also the problem of the “Lolita” look and phenomenon that was exploited quite extensively. For me, watching Alizée perform when she was younger is a little difficult because of all the innuendo in the image and the lyrics of her songs.