View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 06:11 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
...Juliet stands her Romeo up so that she can taste some more girly company. The mystery woman is her guide. It is the other half of Juliet, the darker and more unpredictable one. Maybe the part that Julie had not wished to reveal, she did not allow herself thoughts like this. (That's why the character wears a mask and does not put it off till the very end... however, the viewer still cannot see her face!) The symbolism is like of the "Psychédélices" cover - showing the "normal", displayable side of a girl and the other, more tempting (the cake ).
You pointed things, which I wanted to point

I remember like Alizée talked what should mean this cover. It should represent two Alizée. The left an adult Alizée, the right still the childish girl what she was (is). Except the cover, the whole album has the both sides.

Now back to MJ video. Again, there are two Alizée - the mystery black lady, and of course our sweet Alizée in nice rose dress. But what is the meaning of the clip? A think, the everything after the balcony scene should be like a view to the "future" or something similar. Easily the black Alizée (maybe representing the adult part of her personality) showed her, how would look like her life if she would choose to live with Romeo. Why? I conclude just form the all scenes, where the two Alizée are walking from one room to another, seeing really "weird" things, maybe representing the lifestyle of aristocracy?Then the dance fight between the black and rose ladies, it is like a very difficult thinking about on which way to go. And in the end everyone disappeared, only the black Alizée is there. Too from the director cut scene, we can see how the black Alizée kissed the pink Alizée, and then everyone disappered what is in the final clip. So maybe we can say, Alizée found the way which should be the best, the way to be finally adult and not childish. Or... from the removed "kiss" scene, maybe just there is not the right world for such difficult adult vs. childish personality.

But really by this video/song it is hard to find, what it should be about...