View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 10:45 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Quotes by Alizee: She addresses a number of things we have discussed in detail and answers some questions we have raised.

A brief summary of what you will find on the link below:

I'm very critical of myself.

I wouldn't like to say (of plans in the near future) because I am very superstitious. So, I hope things will carry on as they are now. -- This might explain why it took so long to announce her pregnancy.

My true pleasure in this business is singing before an audience.

I'm always a little nervous before getting out there, but once I'm on stage I could never stop. -- answers our questions about her stage fright.

I don't want to tell it (the most romantic thing anybody has done to her). It's a secret. It was my ex-boyfriend, the new one will not be happy to hear it!

I don't like to lie and, either way, I can't even lie.

I think I was born under a lucky star.

Liking to seduce isn't a sin

I want to get to know the arena, know the slightest little detail, the least little step, the slightest spotlight so that I could sing and dance with my eyes closed. And so that from the beginning to the end, the people won't get tired of me. -- This covers another of our discussions.

https://alizee-music.blogspot.com/20...ee-quotes.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
This is a great find. Thanks Shepherd!

I find these two very interesting and related. Outside of hitting the PowerBall, I find we make our own luck. Alizee seems to think her success was due to being "lucky." Granted Alizee had the looks. But she had great talent as well. She wasn't a bimbo that Mylene picked out randomly. In fact, the early Alizee looked quite awkward. I think Mylene is extremely business smart but I think she did not expect the extent of Alizee's success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I really think she does create a "map" of the stage in her head. We all create mental maps of the space around us, but I would guess that Alizee has an extreme ability to do this-- to the point where she sees it vividly in her mind. I speculate that she does it in real time when she's performing. Its like Alizee has a video monitor in her head--- one that enables her to literally watch herself as she performs. That built-in "video monitor"-- so to speak-- is what makes Alizee so damn good.
That is a great find Shepherd made. She said her true pleasure is singing before an audience. I believe that was said in the 'early years', when she had so much success. In recent years, I believe she has led us to believe her first love was dance and I'm sure that's true, but I think her lack of success after leaving MF, may have dampened her enthusiasm for singing as opposed to dancing. I think her performances during those early years generated applause and more especically looks of jealousy, looks of envy that she hasn't seen of the same level as with those early years. I think she misses that.

As far as "I think Mylene is extremely business smart but I think she did not expect the extent of Alizee's success. ". So true! In her performances the inner person shines through. She was an Opie of the Andy Griffith show, a kid with great character. She was the Aaronius of Alizee America, another young man of great character.
It's easy to pick someone whose beautiful on the outside, but to find someone like Alizee, with such beauty on the inside, was like finding the perfect pearl in a sea full of oysters.

As far as "I don't want to tell it (the most romantic thing anybody has done to her). It's a secret. It was my ex-boyfriend, the new one will not be happy to hear it!". Maybe someday as Carly revealed to fan who "You're so vain" was about, maybe Alizee can reveal what this was in reference to.

As far as Alizee having an ability to map the stage, that wouldn't surprise me at all. Trying to follow in her farther's footsteps, I think she was good in math and physics which probably helped in her ability to do that, but I'll point out one other thing in my personal experiences in visiting Ajaccio.

In one of my first visits there, I dropped by the studio of Madam Mufraggi where Alizee learned to dance. Now I had communicated my intentions to go there through Merci Alizee who had communicated with her before. I had expressed my intent to stop by there when no students were there, because I didn't want to do anything to compromise their privacy.

Well If I remember history right, I think she said it was okay. On the day I went there, she gave me one of the warmest greetings I ever got in my life. She started showing me around, but I said I wanted to take some pictures and I'd rather do it when there were no young students around and there were plenty when I got there. She told me Tuesday was her cleaning day and that would be a good day and I offered to help her. Before I left though, she showed me a wide, but narrow room. It was like a long closet and she said Alizee used to practice here. I wondered how in the world could she practice in here.

So I left and I showed up on Tuesday and it was like I met the anti Kirk. She didn't even want to talk to me. It was apparent she had talked to someone who probably said all the harm that could come to her students by having pictures posted on line, though I said I wanted to come by when her students weren't there. She also posted pictures on line of her own students at a later date!

The bottom line of what I'm getting at is that small room that she said Alizee used to practice in, was like dancing in a phone booth. If she could dance in there, she could dance anywhere.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-01-2019 at 10:50 AM..