View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 05:28 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I have no problems viewing my videos on Google drive. However, when I upload a video, it does take some time for Google to process it and allow me to view. Otherwise, I see that "Download" option only. The processing times have varied, and larger sized videos take the longest.

Edit:

Further looking into this, it might be because the google player does not support older formats anymore. I updated small mpg and avi videos to my google drive and waited until they processed. I saw the thumbnail for the video and it looked like it was going to play, then when I hit the play button it gives the download option. My other videos on it are of various (newer) formats, and they all play OK.

My beef with Google is that they can and do what they want without warning.

Probably 9 or 10 years ago I switched from iOS to an Android cell phone. In many ways it was better than iOS. However, it did not play well with Microsoft Office products, and I had to invest in 3rd party software to install on my computer to sync email, tasks and contact information with my phone. I also needed to purchase software to move music stored in iTunes to my phone. Pretty much every Android update broke the sync software and I had to wait until the 3rd party vendors released an update to get back up to date. One vendor said Google does not inform all of their vendors of upcoming changes earlier enough to adapt their software.

So I was done with Android, probably for good.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 12-30-2019 at 10:31 AM..