Thread: Trip to Corsica
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 04:04 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Trip to Corsica

Right now things with my airline job are kind of up in the air (pun intended), but at the end of the month I'm hoping to go Les Enfoires show in Lyon,provided I can get tickets. After that, I'm hoping to go to Corsica and I was looking for suggestions on where I should go.

I'll definitely drive out to the Blood islands or maybe walk (10 miles???????). It would be nice to get some pictures of Alizee's stomping grounds, but I don't want to do it in a way that would be intrusive. I'm sure there are people in these forums who know where her home was where she grew up in, but I have no intention of trying to find that out. She likes her privacy and I will respect that.

As far as the school, I think I'd like to get some pictures of the outside, but after ueds came out and after the autograph session, Doc proposed a scholarship to the school as a way of thanking her. That idea fell apart but at one point I had proposed delivering it myself and maybe filming the school while I was there. Some people thought it wouldn't look right for a man, especially an older man like me taking pictures in a school full of young girls. I think they had a point so I think just a few picures of the outside will suffice, after all we already have videos on the internet of the inside.

There's one place I would like to find out it's location. That was the restaurant or cafe that Alizee was at with a group of her freinds after she returned from Paris where she had recently recorded Moi Lolita. They had no idea she had recorded a song and then Moi Lolita came on the radio. Alizee at first denied it was her, but it was too obvious and it must have been such a great moment for her.

It would have been so great to see the expressions on her face. The surprise when she heard her song, the look on her face while she tried to keep the cat in the bag, and then that enourmous smile that must have went across her face when that cat was finally let out of the bag. Getting pictures of this place is kind of like going to the Triage Lavoire building where ACC was filmed. It can't compare to the actual moment, but it is better than nothing.

So I'd like some ideas on where I should go and what do you think would or would not be intrusive?

Meanwhile, I'll have to hope nothing changes with my job until after I get back.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-28-2011 at 04:07 PM..