View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Should she go back to the style of MCE and Gour, or is she too old for that style? I don't think so. It worked for her before and I think it could work for her again. She's tried going in a direction of her own choosing and its not working. She needs to make a good decision for her next album, if there is one.
I don't think she's too old to go back to the MCE and Gourmandises style, however, I don't think she should, and I'm sure she won't. Let's not forget that she wasn't forced to change her style or to drop the lolita image, it was her decision. Alizée chose to change her style, Alizée chose to drop the lolita image, and by now she has made it abundantly clear that she was never the lolita she appeared to be. Whenever you see J'en Ai Marre, the sailor suit, and the iconic dance, whenever you see the JPVA pink/blue outfit and the respective dance, whenever you see the Gourmandises dress, just remember that what you're seeing is Laurent's and Mylène's creation. Sure, Alizée wears the outfits, Alizée sings the songs, and Alizée does the dances, but did Alizée choose the outfits? Did Alizée choose the songs? Did Alizée choose the dances?

Both Psychédélices, and from what I'm seeing, UEdS, can be considered a commercial failure, but I'm sure Alizée is not oblivious to the fact that the CD sales are poor, so why doesn't she just go back to the MCE and Gourmandises style that has been proven to work? Why does she keep pursuing a style that obviously isn't working for her? Is it because she's an idiot? No. Is it because she's hoping that her new style will somehow catch on? No. Is it because she likes her new style, and she likes what she's doing, even though she will never achieve the success that she once experienced? Yes.