View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 04:16 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaylee View Post
No black metal for me. Never played an instrument. I just love orchestras and metal.
I played tuba in an orchestra when I was in school, because everybody knows chicks think tuba players are hot. Actually I was "selected" to play it by the music director (who knows why - maybe he thought I looked like I had a lot of hot air), and then forced to play it by my parents who said "it was something you will be thankful for". After a few years, I still wasn't thankful, and my tuba career graciously came to an end.

When I was little, like 8, I was "forced" to take accordion lessons by my obviously eastern European parents, as well as my sister. I thought it was the worst, but my sis got pretty good and played in accordion concerts. We laugh about it now, and every so often get it from her basement and mess with it. South of the border, I would be like a rock star with my accordion skills.

I taught myself acoustic guitar in my teens and am so-so. No time to practice now. I have a brand new bass guitar and amp in the basement that I have had for years that I wanted to learn, and there it still is, brand new and untouched.