View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 11:17 PM

whitey® is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkins View Post
I took two semesters of French when I was in high school and then stopped because the classes were getting more and more spoken as opposed to reading and writing. That's the way it should be but for someone who's hearing impaired, it wasn't exactly ideal and the classes weren't required so I dropped it. However, I picked it up again back in July and even though I forgot 99% of what I learned in high school, I re-learned the rules that I had forgotten very quickly. The vocabulary, however, is a different story and I'm working on that. When I got to new concepts that I never covered such as past tenses, it took a lot longer to learn the new concepts as opposed to re-learning the other concepts. The only drawback to my method is that I haven't worked on my pronounciation because I can't just hear the sounds from CDs, I have to have someone show me how to make it face to face. In other words, I'm going to sticking to writing messages if I ever go to France.
I know how you feel, I'm hearing impaired as well. I wish I could get french subtitles for all Alizée's songs.

The second angel poured his bowl into the sea,and it became like the blood of a dead man.
-APOCALYPSE