View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Ray, I have to agree with your analysis of the situation. I think watching JPVA and JEAM repeatedly over the years gives the impression she danced a lot more back then. Of course En Concert had a few specific dances, but I don't think it's fair to compare a live concert to TV performances. Off the top of my head, I only remember 2 singles that had a specific choreographed dance routine associated with them.

I think fans feel that things just aren't the same, so they are looking for the cause of it. The music, the outfits, the dancing, hairstyle, etc. have all been discussed as possible contributors to the problem. Personally, I believe that it's very difficult to recapture the magic and cause it to happen again. You are dealing with millions of individuals (the music buying public) that you have no control over. I would go so far as to say that the music buying public in France has built up a resistance to accepting Alizée again. This is not an uncommon phenomenon. I think sometimes we forget what a long shot it is to have a hit like ML. If a formula was known for causing this to happen, every record released would be a huge hit. Just my 2 cents...