View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 11:15 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well as far as Moi Lolita; when she performed in Amsterdam, she was on a large stage and the the ML dance wasn't as noticable because she had to move around so much to give exposure to all the audience. Take a look at this performance in Pistoia, Italy ( a place I've been) where the dancing is much more in evidence and I'm sure this dance was designed to look like a young girls skipping, and it looked like a very awkward dance to perform, but as usual, Alizee did it flawlessly. I'm sure it was a dance put together either by MF or someone who worked for her. MF would not just let Alizee go out there and skip around. MF knows how to put on a very good show.

Look at La Isla Bonita. Do you think she just picked out that song on the spur of the moment, then found that outfit back stage that fit her perfectly and just ad libbed those moves when she danced. First of all she lip synced to it so you know it wasn't a spur of the moment type of thing.

Look at Youpidou in concert, where she'd move that kerchief or cloth or whatever it was in perfect unison to the beat, then there is the part at the 2:37 mark that lasts for about 10 seconds. I wish they had a close up of this. I absolutlely loved it, then there's another part at 3:40 that again, I absolutely love where she's dancing side to side.

What about JBG? Isn't that considered a dance?

Look at Mon Maquis. It's in a rap style and I liked the music, but didn't really like the singing, but again, I absolutely loved the way she danced across the stage, then around the drummer. I liked it so much, I made a video of that part. I'm sure she didn't just ad lib it. I'm sure it was all carefully orchestrated by MF and her crew.

Gourmandises was another very good dance in my opinion

Even in performances where she danced in place she looked great. I may put together a video of those moments I like so much.

Then Psych came along. I think the big mistake they made with the MJ video is they didn't concentrate enough on her, plus the dance reminded me so much of so many other dance routines. It lacked the originality that MF had in the dances she put together for Alizee and I think that's the thing I miss the most and that's the uniqueness of her dances.

With the music video hung up, there was too much eye candy on stage with her. They don't need anyone else out there when she's dancing. Then they chose that awful dress for her.

With UEDS, she never really got a chance to dance after CM ran out on her.

With ACDLA, she chose not to dance in the video. Now with some of her performances since the album has come out, we are starting to see some more movement out of her. I loved the way she moved in place when she performed in Monaco and I really enjoy the movement she has with JVB, but she still has a good ways to go before she can get the most of her great dancing abilities, the way she did in the early years.