View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 03:55 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Yup. I think that not bringing something new to the table as an artist/performer contributed to the "more of the same" impression I was talking about earlier. Hopefully she starts writing, or at least co-writing, some lyrics. That would really help non-fans take her more seriously.

Anyway getting back on topic, Jung already posted it here, but Chateau Marmont's Pop Heart interview answers our question about their extent in composing the album:

http://www.popheart.fr/interview-ren...mont-3155.html

Are there any pop artists that you particularly enjoy or that you'd like to collaborate with?
There are many, but as a group it's always a little difficult to mount a serious and noteworthy project. By contrast, working on the productions of performers as we have done for Alizée particularly excites us.

Precisely at this moment, there is a buzz around your name and that of Alizée. What can you say about this collaboration? What is your role in this project?
[We have] composed four tracks for her future album, alongside other Institubes artists (Rob, David Rubato, Jerome Echenoz, and Tahiti Boy), and we are very happy. The album sounds great. It will certainly upset the conservative fringe of her fans, but anyone a little open-minded will find it interesting.

Hear that guys? Time to be "open-minded". ;
)

aww crap. how much more changing is going to happen?!? first our beloved Lolita gives rise to Psychedelicies, which took a bit to get used to, and it's changing again?!

that's like taking a meat clever to original fan base!
(well, could be anyways. i may be over dramatizing it a bit. )