View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 03:28 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Well, I think Alizée has shown herself to be a good recording vocalist. She showed good energy in Mexico and we had a great time as fans.

We've talked about everything regarding the personality and phenomenon of Alizée (her past and the possibilities of the future) ad nauseam, but frankly, the quantity and quality of what she has put out in the last six years does not warrant it. I think we just like to talk. I am grateful that Alizée gave it another shot after leaving M&L and gave us another chance to see her in action, good or bad. That was a very special time in my life. But now, what can you say but, where's the new album?

Yes, I realize that I never demand anything of other artists - either just check for a new album every couple months or lose interest, but even though my obsession with Alizée was pretty much killed due to lack of ability to engage with her in any way or to see her continue to perform in a spectacular way, I guess I just can't let go. I don't know when I'll ever be able to take down my Alizée posters and shrines, but I'm not going to live forever. There is one more album I must hear before I die. That's what it feels like sometimes. But, you know, it's just music. For her, it's just music and bringing life force into it is something she can't do so much as that, if one's lucky, it will be done through her. We probably take it too seriously. Of course, if we didn't she'd never have had any audience anyway. So, there's the paradox. Does not compute. * Roman's brain blue-screens once again *

Merci Fanny