View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 03:33 PM

Not Now is on a distinguished road

Of course, part of her initial charm was down to her age and looks. She isn't quite 16 or 18 anymore so naturally it is harder for her to stick out in a vast sea of singers. She could still be successful if she worked hard with a good team but her biggest attraction has always been her looks, moves etc, rather than raw talent. There are so many better singers than her but the majority lack the charm and the stunning effect Alizee has on her listeners. With that said, she is not going to achieve success by releasing songs that any half-decent pop artist could release, and discarding everything that once made the young Alizee famous (Blonde is the best example of this). Over the years, I feel like in addition to the music her very style has suffered and it's difficult these days to distinguish her from other artists/celebrities. She had a very distinctive style during the Gourmandises-MCE era. Besides, I may be the only one who feels this way but she seemed more confident back in the day and had more of an I-know-what-I'm-doing appearance.
Don't get me wrong, I love all things Alizee, but it's been a long time since she had the whole package: songs, looks, charm and so on.