View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 08:21 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I am late to this party, and I didn't get a chance to read all 119 pages of posts, so forgive me if I am redundant about something that might have been suggested before. I have thought about Alizee's tattoos quite a bit and why she did it, and while I find some well-placed SMALL tattoos on a woman kind of sexy, I am very disappointed with Alizee's choices.

In my mid 20's, I married a beautiful, petite woman who was 19. Our first baby came soon after (sound familiar?). Bearing children is the single most important contribution a woman makes to this world, but it comes with a price. My wife at that time (now ex for 5 years) put on 60 pounds during pregnancy, and once the baby was born, much of that weight remained. Plus stretch marks on top of it all. She had a tough time looking in the mirror for years, and it took years to work off that weight, but never achieved losing it all. For the husband, it takes A LOT of reinforcement of your love and attraction to them, but all they see is what is in the mirror.

For Alizee, she was in the prime of her career when she became pregnant. Smoking hot body. Eight months later, it was "fat" Alizee in her mind. Then it was "mom" Alizee. Who knows what went on behind closed doors with her then husband Jeremy? Maybe he had a wandering eye, maybe worse. I believe he was in love/lust with Alizee the pop star, not Alizee the mother of his child.

I believe insecurity and probably depression (as Scruffydog suggested) prompted Alizee to reinvent herself. With her sexy body gone for good (remember, in HER eyes), shock value would hopefully jump start her career again. Blond hair and tattoos fit the bill.

At times, I feel sad for Alizee. My gut feel is that her marriage to Jeremy was very bumpy, however, I don't know that for a fact or anything. She is precious in my eyes, tattoos or not.