View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 05:54 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
As far as Jeremy is concerned, I guess we'll never know the real reason because she is so private about things like that. I believe she said during DALS that she failed her family but I doubt if anyone beleives that. You see her incredible devotion to Corsica and her family, especially Annily and you have to believe her devotion to Jeremy was no less and I think he started to lose interest and wander.
This breaks my heart. One of the reasons that it does is because they split in 2012, which is the year my wife of 23 years and I divorced. When it is final, the stages of grief is already in the acceptance stage, so the years leading up to the end is much more painful. For me, 2011 was the worst year of my life. I watched Alizee so much during that year to help me get through emotionally, realizing only now that her own personal pain probably matched mine at the same time. I can only hope she had some kind of support system to help her through.

With my ex, she had a lifelong personality disorder that I was completely oblivious of until 18 years into the marriage. She was getting worse as she aged. Long story short, it was a complete stranger that identified the condition and started me on a five year long journey into the world of behavioral science and human psychology to help me cope and to learn response tools to try to save the marriage. I became somewhat of a layman psychologist, and helped me to this day become more "people smart".

I'm not a subscriber to astrological mumbo-jumbo, but there is something to be said about personality traits of people born during certain times of the year. Alizee and myself almost have the same birth dates. From what I know about her, she is basically a shy, reserved, and private person, which is just like myself. What I am willing to bet the house on is that she is also fiercely loyal. Her saying at DALS that she failed the family, to me, is that she has regrets that she gave up, which violated one of her core principles. Maybe she feels guilt that if she stuck with it "just a little longer", it would have worked out. Maybe she didn't try that "one last thing" that only occurs to you once it is too late. Sometimes being shy and reserved sucks, as pain is internalized and the mind ruminates over problems seemingly forever.

I'm going to bite my tongue at this point over the most probable scenario surrounding this relationship. What is important is that she is out and with Gregoire, and I hope he treats her well as she deserves.