View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 09:01 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default Wonderland? Mind Manipulation? Which is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafas View Post
I ask this because i think the MJ video has a deeper meaning (wonderland and mind-manipulation)
I think there might be a connection.. someone help me out?
"Wonderland And Mind Manipulation"? (Nafas, if you're going to put your font in color, don't choose white next time - too hard to see!)

All I know about this is that I've written things in these pages in the past, suggesting that there are veiled references to Mylène* in several of the songs in Psych. I'm not sure what else you may be referring to when you imply that "mind manipulation" may have deeper meanings. But in any case, yeah, the song seems to be against mind manipulation. (Unlike all those other "pro-mind-manipulation" anthems out there - loq)

"Wonderland?" Beats me, and I was just playing my old Jefferson Airplane L.P. a half hour ago. Surrealistic Pillow - the one with the song "White Rabbit" on it. Y'know? "Go ask Alice when she's ten feet tall.. (Hey, maybe THAT'S the connection!!??) White Rabbits - eh, sometimes they're Red Herrings, and sometimes they really are just regular rabbits that are white.

As far as connections with the elite, well, she's been on the inside track of the French entertainment biz since starting out with MF/LB. She didn't have to start out in clubs or touring or toiling for years, as most usually do. So yeah, she's just a little (tiny) bit spoiled. There. I said it.

Why do you need to know? You're not writing a doctoral thesis about "Mademoiselle Juliette", are you?

*For what it's worth, nobody (including me) thought my "wild theories" about Psych actually proved anything. It was just surmising.