View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 09:14 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I found out about Alizée from a friend of mine in Europe with whom I email regularly.

I was telling him how bored I was with american music and how I wanted to hear something different and fresh. He mentioned Alizée, so I googled her and found the youtube videos and the forum here. That was when she was 18. I loved everything about her, and the music, so I started reading anything I could find out about her.

Today, I still love her music, respect her decisions made over the time since I found out about her, as I do not know how she has been affected by everything in her universe, but know that it has been a wild ride, and at times very upsetting to her.

I believe that Jeremy took her away from Mylene, but at her young age, and being enamoured with him, I can see how this would happen to anyone. You trust them implicitly and sometimes it doesn't work out as you had hoped. I believe that today, with her past experiences, Alizée would not make the same mistakes.

As for her ink, while I agree with Scruffy about how it does nothing for her, I understand that she is of the mindset of her generation and those in her orbit, who do like to get inked. It is part of the environment and people she hangs with, who also get inked.

Again, I will not pass judgement on it, as I am not the type of person who feels that I have that right, as silly as it may seem. It's just the way I was brought up.

I will continue to be a fan and follow Alizée, and buy her work, being thankful for whatever she chooses to bestow on the public. She is the only person I have been a fan of since I was a teenager. I only wish her, her family and those in her universe, the very best in life, good health, success, and happiness for her always.