View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 01:44 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I don't know why I get so pessimistic sometimes, but maybe someone can help me see how this clip will benefit Alizée in the big picture. It's a nice video, and she's proud of it and we love to see it. I can't stop thinking it's all just a ploy by Chris Marques to cash in on his YouTube channel with advertising revenue. Sure, he is the content creator so he deserves anything he gets from it. Is this what entertainment has come to? Post something on YouTube, get fans to advertise it for free, and collect the check?

Sorry to be so negative. This (putting the fans to work) just bothers me for some reason. What am I missing this time?
Well I guess we have to face reality here. I'm sure she'd be quite happy if the opportunity for another album never arises. Financially she's probably all set with the money she's made from DALS and all the different tv shows in the past few years. I think they still have plans to start a dance school in Ajaccio which will probably be enough to meet her needs, especially now that there is another bread winner in the family. I think she also got a very bad taste in her mouth as far as putting out another album with all the failures she's had.

But as I said the other day, there is still a lot of potential there and with this video doing well, I think it will show other labels that there is a good amount of interest in her and them, but dancing itself wont be enough to fill the bill. If someone approaches her, they will want her to sing. I think she will be approached now that apparently she is no longer with Sony. Who knows if she will accept. But if something like that is to happen, it will probably have to at least get it's start within the next 6 months.

Again, there's only so much they can do with dancing. Even with another DALS tournee appearance for both of them if by chance that happens, I think interest will wane, so it has to happen soon. If a video like this does well, it could provide just the stimulus another label might need to approach her. So for the time being, even though I often get discouraged myself, I'm going to do all I can to promote her.