View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 06:13 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well it's very interesting that you mentioned the pope, because I took note of something happened very recently, that may have an affect on Alizée and Gregoire's situation. With catholics, once you are married, you are married for life. I got married in the church and then divorced. I met another woman and wanted to remarry. We talked to a priest and he said even though I wasn't the one who asked for a divorce, the only way I could marry again is if I had the first marriage annulled and you had to have pretty grounds for it such as you came home one day and your wife was in bed and it was levitating off the ground and her head was spinning around in circles. That wasn't the case and I wasn't going to lie to get it annulled, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from marrying again.

The church used to look upon people who married and got divorced, then remarried again, sort of as outcasts. It was bad enough that the "church" looked upon them that way, but what probably hurt more is the parishioners looked upon them that way. The fact that Alizée's and Jeremy wedding wasn't recognized in France doesn't matter.But the pope said that is no longer the case. They shall be accepted by the church. I think that "may" open the door if they so choose, to get married in the church, if that's what they want.

As I said before, Alizée I saw in Wikepedia (years ago)described as a non-practicing catholic. I have no idea about Gregoire. It will be interesting to look into that. But it now seems that Annily is learning about the church. Can Alizee teach her that you should get baptized in the church, but it doesn't matter if you get married there?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-20-2016 at 06:19 AM..