Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old Today, 07:01 PM

Samuel Victor is on a distinguished road
Smile A new Alizée documentary, and some more news

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, thank you to Merci Alizée for approving my account.

As some of you may have seen in the chat box, I'm a Film & TV producer, mostly working in fiction for the American and British markets, but I'm also a long term Alizée fan since her first single, and I'm very excited about the 25th anniversary Olympia performance, so decided to produce a professional quality documentary about her career to celebrate the occasion.

While I have good connections in the French TV and music industries, I mostly envisioned this as a free fan-lead production and not intended to be for profit, because this will make it easier to use whatever footage is best to illustrate the point instead of being limited to only things that we can easily license, although I will be paying licenses for footage where available, and will be reaching out to people for interviews, and will be travelling around Paris, Ajaccio and other relevant areas when discussing the relevant periods in her life.

Before I was in the film industry, I was in the music industry, and this is actually how I found out about her - we're about the same age and I randomly met her when she was promoting Moi Lolita in London. Since then, while we've never worked together directly, we've been at various professional engagements at the same time over the years and I always stop to say bonjour, and she is always lovely.

I will absolutely make sure the Alizée, Gregoire, Annily, Mylene, Lauren, Jo, Jeremy and anyone else relevant are contacted through their agents to make sure they are aware that its being made but to reassure them that it will be 100% positive with no scandal or negativity, and to offer them the chance to view early edits if they are worried and want anything changed. I have no intention of raking up anything bad its just one big celebration of a long career made by a fan and with the input of fans.

I'll extend a professional invitation to Alizée to be interviewed, along with anyone else she suggests, of course its up to her if she wants to be on record as associated with it, or just keep it as an entirely unofficial fan project, just made in a very professional manner by industry insiders as a tribute to her career. Either way she will definitely be aware its happening, be informed along the way and be able to suggest any changes if she wants.

There will be 2 versions of the documentary, one for French audiences, one for English. So far, I'm working with 2 producers on the French side of things as advisers, and we have started gathering archive footage, making plans for the main structure, and put together a rough "pitch" poster and provisional working title / log line: Lolita Eternelle - J'ai Pas Vingt-Cinq Ans!

The plan so far is for it to be available online either entirely for free, or free through a major streaming service if the licencing for everything are cleared. With independent products I usually also organise a Premiere in a cinema and limited edition Blu-Rays and posters, again this will depend on license restrictions, but I'm confident we will at least have one screening event in Paris.

Of course, part of the reason I joined these forums is because I wanted the input of fans! And as I'm fronting the entire cost of this myself and probably releasing it as non-profit, if anyone is interested in being a producer, we could maybe do a kickstarter or something later down the line so I don't bankrupt myself covering all the license fees But I don't mind doing it anyway I really want to celebrate the 25 years of enjoying being a fan and following her career.

As far as "more news" that I mentioned before, nothing concrete, just the fact that nowdays I live and work in France for 6 months a year, and am starting to seriously dip my toes into producing French language content movies and shows for the French market. This is starting with 2 projects, a romantic feature film, and a comedy special about a English person learning French. I will be reaching out to Alizée to see if she wants to be included on the soundtracks for both and also potentially appear as an actor or cameo, if she is interested. I'm also one of the producers of a big budget American movie coming out in a couple of years, and we could even get a quick cameo for her in that, if she wants.

I know that at one point early in her career it was her ambition to be an actor and work on British and American projects, and I was really impressed with her performance on "Nos Chers Voisins", and its clear from the reactions from her recent appearances and the Olympia show selling out immediately that there is still a lot of interest and support for her from French audiences if she is given the opportunity. Of course she is very busy with her home life and new career as a dance instructor but she could easily appear in both with just a day of work for each, and we could even shoot the cameos and record songs in Ajaccio if its easier for her.

Of course, she may not want to be involved with these extra projects (which is totally understandable) or we might not be able to make it work because of scheduling or whatever. Frankly until recently I would have assumed she wants to remain mostly out of the limelight. But in the last year she has been actively touring, making more appearances on French TV, doing interviews, red carpets, advertising products etc... so if she wants more opportunities for work and promotion, I'm more than happy to do my part in this renaissance era of her career! Of course, I won't post any details publicly about any back and forth that I have with her and her management, that would be very unprofessional. I just mention here to let you guys know that there's several producers in France who actively want to work with Alizée, and will be offering her many opportunities over the next few years, which could lead to even more people offering her similar work.

Last edited by Samuel Victor; Today at 07:46 PM..