Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Félicité

Cubeface is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée has influenced me

I'm sure I'm not the only one. But, she has truly made me want to learn not just French, but Spanish and German. I'm already a decent German speaker, but I want to learn so much more because of her. I'm going to go to French classes in college, because of her! How many other people want to, or have already learned French or any other language because of this whole multi-lingual experience with Alizée? (I mean how she's going to all different countries and stuff)

Thanks

Happens all the time

Old 05-25-2010, 03:25 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

She's certainly my greatest motivation to continue studying French at school, and whenever I'm doing speaking tests I always slip in lines of her songs in context (but nobody ever notices so shh ).
Old 05-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Yes Alizée causes us to want to learn french. At least for me. I have been using online translation to pick up a little here and there. Oui.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:56 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrhein View Post
Yes Alizée causes us to want to learn french. At least for me. I have been using online translation to pick up a little here and there. Oui.
C'est ce qu'on appelle un effet spectaculaire !
Old 05-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Félicité

I know she loves the fact that people around the world are accepting music in a different language, so getting to know the language only makes sense

Happens all the time

Old 05-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubeface View Post
I know she loves the fact that people around the world are accepting music in a different language, so getting to know the language only makes sense
Yah so what, she can carry a conversation in English, speak tidbits of Spanish and sing it well, sings French very well, and yah.....amazing...

I made a thread that proves she can carry a conversation in English and a lot of the senior members contributed and agreed if you wanna see it. http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5391

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrhein View Post
Samezees
Old 05-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Félicité

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Yah so what, she can carry a conversation in English, speak tidbits of Spanish and sing it well, sings French very well, and yah.....amazing...

I made a thread that proves she can carry a conversation in English and a lot of the senior members contributed and agreed if you wanna see it. http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5391

Samezees
Well isn't she proud of the French language and being able to successfully, sort of transfer it around the world? I heard most native English speakers don't normally welcome other languages, not sure why, we just think it's far more alien.

Also, languages in general just excite me. They're so interesting to think about.

Happens all the time

Old 05-25-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Well isn't she proud of the French language and being able to successfully, sort of transfer it around the world? I heard most native English speakers don't normally welcome other languages, not sure why, we just think it's far more alien.

Also, languages in general just excite me. They're so interesting to think about.
Sometimes I don't even recognize she is speaking French, it sort of just migrated into my recognizing of English...I dunno how to say it but yah I just think she is singing English the whole time sometimes. Because she is talking like all humans, It is just she is using different letters and accents haha.

O and we dont accept other languages becuase everyone should know English, is that Languagist?
Old 05-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Félicité

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Sometimes I don't even recognize she is speaking French, it sort of just migrated into my recognizing of English...I dunno how to say it but yah I just think she is singing English the whole time sometimes. Because she is talking like all humans, It is just she is using different letters and accents haha.

O and we dont accept other languages becuase everyone should know English, is that Languagist?
Haha, I know what you mean! As I was walking around in school today (2nd to last day woohoo!) I thought I heard people speaking French, but then I listened carefully and it was English. I think I'm going crazy! Haha.

Languagist? Haha, I suppose so. English is pretty dominant :P

Happens all the time

Old 05-25-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Haha, I know what you mean! As I was walking around in school today (2nd to last day woohoo!) I thought I heard people speaking French, but then I listened carefully and it was English. I think I'm going crazy! Haha.

Languagist? Haha, I suppose so. English is pretty dominant :P
Yah like I have to ask people to repeat themselves because I can't tell what they are saying like I used to be able to when there is a lot of noise or they are speaking softly....We are going Crazy but that is ok CubeFace, We are just accidentally merging French with the language we already know(English), which can mess one up haha. And it's happening to me for sure...