Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-10-2007, 10:47 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road
Default operation digg (v.3)

I have just bought a new server for this website, so that means we have a lot a lot of extra bandwidth for this month. I think it would be a good opportunity to give digg another try. I can setup a special page on the current server for digg, so all of the extra traffic wont effect our actual website (on the new server). Lets plan to do it this coming Saturday.

We can spend the next few days fighting over what video to use, and work on spreading the word. If you already have a digg account, start digging some stories here and there so your vote will have more weight. Also, lets be sure not to post an actual link to the story we end up posting on digg. I think they have put new features in place to track diggs that originate from the same referring link. We can post links to the category the video is in instead or something.

I think the main two video candidates are C'est trop tard and La isla bonita. I am kind of leaning towards La isla bonita just because I think it will catch more peoples attention at first. But C'est trop tard is live and no lip synching .. so it is a tough decision.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:48 PM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

La Isla Bonita.

Uber hottage + in English = can't go wrong
Old 01-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
I have just bought a new server for this website, so that means we have a lot a lot of extra bandwidth for this month. I think it would be a good opportunity to give digg another try. I can setup a special page on the current server for digg, so all of the extra traffic wont effect our actual website (on the new server). Lets plan to do it this coming Saturday.

We can spend the next few days fighting over what video to use, and work on spreading the word. If you already have a digg account, start digging some stories here and there so your vote will have more weight. Also, lets be sure not to post an actual link to the story we end up posting on digg. I think they have put new features in place to track diggs that originate from the same referring link. We can post links to the category the video is in instead or something.

I think the main two video candidates are C'est trop tard and La isla bonita. I am kind of leaning towards La isla bonita just because I think it will catch more peoples attention at first. But C'est trop tard is live and no lip synching .. so it is a tough decision.
I say we use Toc De Mac..cuz its "KILLER"!! But if that's not an option, La Isla Bonita is my choice then. So what exactly should we do? Just read Digg posts here and there...posting comments along the way? I wasn't around for this first Digg run.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:03 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

any video is an option .. and about digg, create an account and start 'digging' or voting for stories that you think are interesting.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:19 PM
je te reverrai encore!

Canuck is on a distinguished road
Default Hmmmm

um i'd say man this is tough but la isla bonita is my choice.
but if both don't work you could use J'en ai marre !
Old 01-10-2007, 11:45 PM

Gatchaman is on a distinguished road

Let's do it Brad, and I too am leaning towards La Isla Bonita.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:48 PM
I'm awesome, u know it

Spartan500 is on a distinguished road

La isla bonita for sure also brad with the new server does that mean more videos?
Old 01-11-2007, 12:07 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Remind me; what vids have been used for previous Operation Diggs? Does it need to be a new one?

-My personnal choice would be J'ai Pas Vingt Ans, 100th aniversary of the Tour de France, but that might just be me.
-I think J'en Ai Marre (Chanson No1 is good) has the biggest WOW! factor and ability to just grab people's (ok, mainly men's) attention istantaneously.
-With the two you've suggested, I can see potential problems with each. With C'est Trop Tard, as much as it is a fan favorite (definitely one of mine), I'm not sure it make the best introduction. For one, it doesn't feature her dancing as strongly which I think would be a plus for any vid that gets chosen. Although you are right about the lack of lipsyching being a big plus. My personal favorite for Alizée quality of voice live is En Concert Lui ou Toi (or maybe Tempête), but that's not the kind of thing we're looking for I don't think. With La Isla Bonita, I'm concerned that the fact that she is singing in English may obscure the fact that she is French which would lead people not in the know to try to more directly compare her to American singers. Also, it isn't an Alizée song and people just might think she's just trying to imitate Modonna. The fact that she sings in English also just adds to the appeal for English-speaking fans, but may be lost on people who don't know she's really French to begin with.
Having said all that, of the two, I think La Isla Bonita is the better choice because there may be those people that may be turned off is they don't understand what she is singing right away.

PS. Is La Isla Bonita really a lipsynch performance I didn't think she actually recorded the song.

Last edited by CFHollister; 01-11-2007 at 12:11 AM..
Old 01-11-2007, 12:15 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

La Isla Bonita
Old 01-11-2007, 01:11 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

La Isla Bonita because I want to fit in. C'est Trop Tard for Digg 4!