Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-17-2018, 10:15 PM

Thejudge94 is on a distinguished road
Default I cannot stop listening to Alizee!

I am new to Alizee and this forum, but I simply cannot stop listening to her music. When I discovered Alizee about a year ago I must have played En Concert 20-50 times. Now I play it about once a week. I downloaded her first two albums and I listen to parts of them every night. Every time I listen I understand more and I hope it never gets old.

I’m curious, how many times have you listen to En Concert and her other albums? Do you think she will sing in more concerts in the future, like in Poland last September?
Old 11-17-2018, 11:24 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Hello Mr. Judge!

I have been waiting for quite some time for you to post again!

I "listen" to Alizee whenever I go to the gym, which right now is twice a week. I have been listening a lot to 5 lately, which I believe is a very good album. Then KO and Alcaline from Blonde, almost all of MCE, and onward. Hearing her voice brightens my day.

As far as her videos, I watch something of hers almost daily. It might be her staged or live performances, an interview, or something else like an autograph session. She never fails to put a smile on my face.

Her Les Enfoires appearances are a big part of her singing career, and I never tire of seeing her perform there.

I never tire of seeing her face!
Old 11-18-2018, 05:06 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I've been a fan for over 11 years now. Her music is still the music I listen to most. When something puts me in a good mood, such as going home fron work at the start of vacation, I've got to put one of her songs on.

I Have several cds in my car, there are several of Alizee's music and several of other artists. When ever I put in some other artists cds, it's not long before I'm reaching for an Alizee cd. It's so pleasant to listen to and one other thing I find is when I listen to her, I can clearly picture her in one of her performances which just adds to the listening pleasure.

When I go to the gym, that is when I can bring myself to go to the gym, I usually spend about 40 minutes on the treadmill. I love watching the video history video I made which lasts about 22 minuutes. I really enjoy some of the remix music in it though there are some segments where I should have ended the remixes sooner.

I recommend that you 'try' not to listen to her as much because the less you listen to her, the added the pleasure will be when you watch her.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejudge94 View Post
I’m curious, how many times have you listen to En Concert and her other albums? Do you think she will sing in more concerts in the future, like in Poland last September?
I realized that I only partially answered your questions.

I have a substantial library of videos of Alizee, but En Concert is definitely in the rotation. I generally don't watch it through in one sitting, but would have a few songs that I would like to hear and watch those. Do you have certain songs in En Concert that you tend to watch more? Are there songs that she sings live that you don't listen to as much on the album? An example of this for me is Mon Maquis, which I don't care to listen to much on her album, but love the En Concert performance of it.

As far as future concerts, I do think she will sing in Mexico sometime in 2019. I think she will keep her word on that if she can the right promoter this time. Beyond Mexico, it remains to be seen. She is available for booking and if I was independently wealthy, I would make sure she made an appearance in the US.

When Alizee announced she was back in the signing business and Julia was introduced as the new Lolita, we were speculating that maybe Mylene and Alizee would start working together again to make a comeback, maybe with a new album and a possible concert tour. While I am not writing off that possibility, I find it not as likely. It is a lot of work, a lot of financial risk, and the payback might not happen. Alizee has fans everywhere in the world, but where she really needs support is in her home country and surrounding neighbors. It looks like France has moved on without her.

I think she will continue to get booked for events like what happened in Warsaw. People will travel in to see her wherever she is.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:54 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejudge94 View Post
I am new to Alizee and this forum, but I simply cannot stop listening to her music. When I discovered Alizee about a year ago I must have played En Concert 20-50 times. Now I play it about once a week.
I discovered Alizee about 8 months ago, and one of the things I did was watch En Concert over and over (as well as her other music videos on youtube.) I still watch a song or two of En Concert every day. I love watching Alizee. When I use a treadmill, I will also watch Alizee (En Concert or whatever)-- usually for the first 15-20 minutes.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
As far as future concerts, I do think she will sing in Mexico sometime in 2019. I think she will keep her word on that if she can the right promoter this time. Beyond Mexico, it remains to be seen.
Was Alizee ever popular in Quebec??? They speak French there, so you'd think she would have been popular there. (Was she ever popular in Quebec?)

I would be definitely be interested in seeing Alizee in Quebec, Canada. I'm not too enthusiasic about Mexico.

Edit:

Quote:
She is available for booking and if I was independently wealthy, I would make sure she made an appearance in the US.
I wonder how much Alizee would charge for a private concert. 100K? (How much was she paid for Warsaw?) So let's have a small private concert, with 15-20 people there. Have her perform in mid-afternoon--- after the concert, we all go out to Chuck E. Cheese. Pizza with Alizee! Something like that.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 11-20-2018 at 01:54 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 11-20-2018, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Was Alizee ever popular in Quebec??? They speak French there, so you'd think she would have been popular there. (Was she ever popular in Quebec?)

I would be definitely be interested in seeing Alizee in Quebec, Canada. I'm not too enthusiasic about Mexico.
Mylene Farmer was born in Quebec and lived there 8 years before her family moved back to France. I tried doing to searches to see if Mylene ever did a concert in Montreal in the past, but came up empty. The reason I was wondering about Mylene was because if she had a good amount of success in her birth country/province, it would have made sense if she tried to promote Alizee there. However, instead of trying to sign Alizee to a deal in Toronto, they went to New York City. I don't know if this is a good barometer of Alizee's popularity in Quebec and other French-speaking areas of Canada. I'm sure she has her fans sprinkled across Quebec like elsewhere in the world.

Quote:
I wonder how much Alizee would charge for a private concert. 100K? (How much was she paid for Warsaw?) So let's have a small private concert, with 15-20 people there. Have her perform in mid-afternoon--- after the concert, we all go out to Chuck E. Cheese. Pizza with Alizee! Something like that.
I think she would do a 2 hour concert for $25K and all expenses paid, but I have nothing to substantiate that other than maybe a little guessing. She was not a headliner in Warsaw and she had no overhead. No band members or dancers to pay. No road crew to set anything up. All she needed was a microphone and somebody to play the music, and that was already in place. It would be reasonable to think she was paid $5-10K for that appearance plus expenses.

Would she travel overseas to do small, private concert, then hang out with the concert-goers for the evening? I think with the right amount of money and a safe location, she might. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't go anywhere without Gregoire and a bodyguard or two.

I would prefer something like a Dave and Busters to hang out at after the concert. We already know she likes games, and there wouldn't be a hundred little kids running around like at Chuck E Cheese.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

I propose she consider doing a concert in Alabama! I can suggest the perfect venue. It is the amphitheater at The Wharf in Orange Beach, Alabama.
http://alwharf.com/amphitheater.php
Or, for a more intimate/casual atmosphere, there is LuLu's (owned by Jimmy Buffet's sister) in Gulf Shores, Alabama. http://lulubuffett.com/gulf-shores/
Just my two cent's, y'all.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:16 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'm not sure about Alabama. I thought if she appeared in the south in this country, Louisiana would be the best place with their Cajun population.

But there is another French singer named Yelle who I'm guessing is about the same age as Alizee and she's had a few successful tours in this country including one this year and in the south, she's been to places like Dallas, Miami and Austin so maybe Alabama could work?

I wonder with Yelle's concerts here, how many of the songs she sings are in French and how many are in English?
Old 11-20-2018, 05:18 PM

stephan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I wonder how much Alizee would charge for a private concert. 100K? (How much was she paid for Warsaw?)
I can't say for Warsaw, but I know for sure (from the organiser) she was paid 30K USD for the concert in Moscow in 2008 and that's when she still was much more popular than now. I think she was paid much less in Warsaw (take into account she is less popular now + Warsaw is much poorer than Moscow).

Quote:
She was not a headliner in Warsaw and she had no overhead. No band members or dancers to pay. No road crew to set anything up. All she needed was a microphone and somebody to play the music, and that was already in place. It would be reasonable to think she was paid $5-10K for that appearance plus expenses.
She was the headliner in Warsaw. Everyone was anticipating her and treating her like such, even other artists. Again, unfortunately, I don't have the numbers, but probably 5-10K USD seems like it. Asking the Warsaw district official who is a fan of her and who invited her to that festival would be a good idea. Fun fact, she was spending state/city/district money for this and the whole event was for free.

Quote:
Would she travel overseas to do small, private concert, then hang out with the concert-goers for the evening? I think with the right amount of money and a safe location, she might. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't go anywhere without Gregoire and a bodyguard or two.
The bodyguards in Warsaw were locals. Gregoire and Johann, her brother, were the only ones with her (at least openly). I think the most important part would be the reputation of such an event; it would have to be organised by a trustful and reliable agency (place, sound, stage, transportation, management) which would add up to the overall cost of the concert. I'm not sure she would simply go to a private party, even for a reasonable amount of money, but who knows. She has this e-mail - alizee.booking@gmail.com - on her instagram page, so maybe as soon as it would get more or less realistic in term of money it would make sense sending an e-mail.

Guys, if you are ever going to organise a concert, please let everyone know! Should maybe a list of possible participants be created or something?

Last edited by stephan; 11-20-2018 at 05:33 PM.. Reason: -
Old 11-20-2018, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
I propose she consider doing a concert in Alabama! I can suggest the perfect venue. It is the amphitheater at The Wharf in Orange Beach, Alabama.
http://alwharf.com/amphitheater.php
Or, for a more intimate/casual atmosphere, there is LuLu's (owned by Jimmy Buffet's sister) in Gulf Shores, Alabama. http://lulubuffett.com/gulf-shores/
Just my two cent's, y'all.
I believe the only exposure Alizee has had in the USA has been NYC, LA, and I believe Florida. In other words, hectic and crowded. Alabama has a culture and a pace of life unlike the big coastal cities, and maybe it might be fascinating to her. So the trip would be two days, one for the concert, and the other to check out the fantastic Southern cooking, maybe go to the beach and catch an R&B band. Definitely fried chicken and friend green tomatoes would have to be on the menu! Talladega is too far away, so scratch out taking them to one Alabama tradition.. NASCAR!

I do also like the idea of New Orleans, as Scruffy mentioned. I think Alizee would love the culture there, and she loves Jazz music.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
She was the headliner in Warsaw.
Oh. I thought by the advertising, there there three acts, and Alizee was the second. My mistake.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
Guys, if you are ever going to organise a concert, please let everyone know! Should maybe a list of possible participants be created or something?
Right now it is a lot of dreaming, but sometimes dream can come true.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 11-20-2018 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts